Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wrapping It Up...

  • What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I really enjoyed learning about all the new tools...I particularly enjoyed flickr and how to add widgets and photos and videos to my blog. That was fun for me. I also really liked (and appreciate!) the google tools...those are very cool and user-friendly.
  • How has this program affected your lifelong learning goals? I LOVE being a student...always have...hopefully I always will. This was a new mode of learning for me, and I like the self-paced aspect. Of course, I procrastinated at times...sort of like the term paper that was being typed up the day before it was due! But I got it done!
  • Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? Can't think of any at all...
  • What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I don't know that there is anything I'd suggest to improve. I thought that it was a format that was easy to follow and understand...I really like the embedded tutorials.
  • If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? Absolutely.
  • How will what you have learned influence your practice as a teacher or school librarian? I hope it will make me more comfortable with utilizing the tools we have...and maybe more vocal about getting the tools we don't have???
  • How do you plan to keep up with new developments in web 2.0? Recommend a way that you have found to be useful. I'm glad my partners did this with me...it's through collaboration that things get done, more often than not.

  • every day, ask yourself, "What did I learn today?" Record your responses in your blog. I love this idea!!!
  • add your blog URL to your e-mail signature line Great idea, too!!!
  • re-purpose your blog as your classroom/school library blog Yes!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You did it! I have enjoyed reading along with your new learning.

    ReplyDelete