Monday, April 13, 2009

Thing 18

I love podcasts! I've enjoyed NPR podcasts for some time now...I download them onto my ipod and listen while I'm on the treadmill. I especially like Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me, which is LOTS of fun to listen to. I love music, but I also really enjoy talk radio. Grammar Girl had some neat podcasts, for people (like me) who like to write and are a bit goofy about grammar. I thought they were pretty clever. I wanted The Math Factor to be cool...but it had too many words. A real turn-off. The math podcasts all seemed a bit too upper-level for my students, but the potential is there for something helpful. I know some students have successfully made their own podcasts, and that would be ideal. I can see it being a neat tool for getting kids to develop their own 'lectures' or lessons to teach via podcast...if they can explain a concept, they'd have to know it pretty well. Good food for thought!

1 comment:

  1. I have gone back and used the grammar girl archives on some grammar debates before. Good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete