Friday, April 24, 2009

Thing #22

I've officially entered the world of Facebook. I can certainly take it or leave it...and how all these friends have time to post about every breath they take is beyond me...but I must admit the familiar faces that have popped back into my world is kind of fun. My own page is not much to look at...only sports one family pic, and that only out of necessity so it'd have SOMETHING on it! I am not so very impressed with all the social networking...just don't have the desire to commit to doing it right, I guess. I don't know that I see a whole lot of application at the elementary level....unless it was somehow a special 'class' facebook that was available to my students for some reason. There are just so many other ways to connect with them technologically...I want to know how it works in case I see inappropriate uses during the school day, but other than that I don't think there's a need for it where I am in my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment