Friday, April 24, 2009

Thing #21

I was really impressed with Google News Timeline that I found on GoogleLabs. Plug in any topic at all and you get pertinent newspaper headlines from the week. It was pretty cool...I searched the Mavs, price of oil, Hugo Chavez, and TAKS testing and found some interesting articles to scan and/or read. It was interesting and seemed like it could be a great tool for research. Used in conjunction with Google Notebook, we have no excuse for not keeping up with the world around us. I can see great applications for Google Notebook...what a super way to find sources to cite for research and keep them handy until time to use them. All the more reason for a kid to start the school year with a parent-supplied gmail address.

1 comment:

  1. I think that Timeline is fairly new. It is really cool for science or Social studies research!

    ReplyDelete